Welcome to SIEOC
Southeastern Indiana Economic Opportunity Corporation (SIEOC) is a private, not-for-profit organization registered with the State of Indiana since 1965. We are dedicated to improving the conditions under which people live, learn & work. SIEOC supports activities helping individuals in need of assistance, as well as low-income families, in many ways:
- Remove obstacles and solve problems that block the
- Assist with securing and retaining meaningful employment
- Help individuals attain adequate education
- Promote better use of available income
- Assist in obtaining & maintaining adequate housing and a suitable living environment
- Obtain emergency assistance for immediate & urgent family and individual need
- Participate in the affairs of the community including the development of public & private partnerships
- Address the needs of youth through youth development programs
- Coordinate with other programs
In accordance with Public Law 100, Acts of 1982, SIEOC is recognized as a Community Action Agency.
SIEOC complies with all State and Federal regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, Vietnam Era Veterans, or military status in our programs, employment policies and access to our programs and facilities.
SIEOC is governed by a Board of Directors that consists of individuals from the Public, Private and Low-Income sectors. The Public sector includes representatives of elected officials. The private sector members are representatives of the community (i.e. clubs, religious organizations, businesses). The Low-Income members represent constituents in their respective county.
SIEOC is a FSSA Enrollment Center. We can assist individuals in signing up for TANF, SNAP and Medicaid at our office.
To learn more about the services provided by SIEOC, contact the office in your area.